Disaster Aid Australia (DAA) has just been notified that Bhutan 2020 has been selected for a National Award by the Energy Globe Awards.
The awards, organised by the Energy Globe Foundation, are the most prominent worldwide environmental project recognition.
It’s a great that we have been chosen, from 2,500 entries worldwide, to receive one of the 180 National Awards.
This recognises that this project delivers safe water in a sustainable way across the whole of Bhutan.
Key Aspects of the Project
The project, which will shortly be completed, is much more that a DAA project, and could have not have been achieved without:
- The Rotary Club of Thimphu who first approached DAA in 2017 and have since been working continously on in-country liasion.
- The Bhutan Government that have have provided ongoing support through their Education Department.
- The Installation Team from the School Planning and Building Division.
- The SkyHydrants, from the SkyJuice Foundation, that provide safe drinking water without the use of electrical power.
- The generous support of Australian Rotary Clubs and individual supporters.
If you would like to help Disaster Aid Australia continue to provide sustainable safe water in developing countries click on the link below;
Charity donations of $2 or more to Disaster Aid Australia are tax-deductible in Australia.