The heart of Smart Aid is involving local partners and the community to ensure that the aid provided:
- Meets their requirements.
- Involves them in working with us as ‘Partners’.
- Gives them ‘Ownership’ of the outcome.
The community becomes ‘A Resource Not Victims’
The primary roles of our, on site, Disaster Aid Response Team (DART) are:
- Identification of need;
- Distribution of funds. or needed resources;
- Project management;
Our Smart Aid focus areas are:
High Profile Disaster Response
We liaise with well connected local Rotarians and other local organisations to find out what is needed by those affected.
Then using our resources and contacts we aim to meet as much of the needs using local sources.
- Maximises our financial impact by minimising costs of waste, storage and shipping of materials.
- Speeds the rate that resources can be delivered.
- Helps the local economy to recover.
Disaster Preparedness Training
Helping the local communities to become more resilient by facilitating training of:
- Government and Non Government Bodies
- Community Groups
- Rotary Clubs