Disaster Aid International was originally set up by Disaster Aid Australia to encourage like minded organisations in other countries.
Disaster Aid Australia is now one of the many individual country Disaster Aid organisations around the world.
Other Countries/Regions, with a digital link or contact details, that have Disaster Aid organisations are:
- Colombia contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe contact: Irena.email@example.com
- India contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Zealand contact: email@example.com
- South Africa contact Widdop@mweb.co.za
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- United States of America
Each country determines which disasters it will respond to.
The Disaster Aid Country Partners each have representatives on the Board of Disaster Aid International which collectively decides on its governance.
Senior Officers of the Board are elected annually and are currently:
Chairman: KK Looi (Disaster Aid Malaysia)
Deputy Chairman: Larry Agee (Disaster Aid USA)
Disaster Aid International coordinates the work of its Country Partners in:
- Following a decision of one of the country partners to respond to a disaster it coordinates with other country partners.
- Increase the awareness of Disaster Aid International and its partners.
Disaster Aid International is actively expanding its country partnerships in order to extend its geographical spread and expertise.
Interested groups within Rotary are encouraged to contact Disaster Aid International if they would like to discuss becoming one of our Country Partners.