2019 – 2020 has been a difficult year for fundraising for International Aid.
With the summer bushfires many of our supporters understandably diverted their charitable donations to bushfire relief.
As the bushfires died down the COVID -19 pandemic then affected the ability of Rotary Cubs to run fundraising events.
Although our income dropped to $291,000 for the financial year we are pleased to report that we have delivered just over $250,000 in International Aid.
The aid has included
- Earthquake Response in the Philippines.
- Substantial Progress on our Bhutan 2020 Safe Water Project.
- 10 Safe Water for Every Child Installations in the Philippines.
- COVID-19 Relief Grants for, Nepal, Guatemala, the Philippines.
- Assisting other aid organisations in Myanmar, Malaysia, Mozambique and Timor Leste.
It was also great to see our Disaster Aid International partner Disaster Aid Canada supporting Australian bushfire relief with a $60,000 donation.