Although sponsoring a $5,000 SkyHydrant is expensive, that doesn’t mean that every donation is not greatly appreciated by Disaster Aid Australia.
Here is Director John O’Reilly receiving a cheque for $1,000 with President Jan Cook and Chairman Nigel Cooper of the Rotary Club of Mont Albert and Surrey Hills.
Here are some of the ways that $1,000 may be spent by Disaster Aid in the coming months:
- 1/5th of the cost of an Emergency Water Treatment Pump and Filter to keep 100’s healthy.
- 13 Sawyer Water Filters to provide a temporary safe water solution for 13 families.
- Travel and Accommodation for a Disaster Aid Response Team member to get to a disaster location.
- 4 Home Repair Kits typically including sheets of corrugated iron, timber and nails enabling people to rebuild their homes.
- 20 Tarpaulins for temporary shelter and building repair.
- 100 Hand Tools such as saws and hammers.
Without your donations we simply would not be able to deliver aid.